Are you looking to have a successful automotive career? At Sun Devil we are looking for Diagnostic Automotive Technicians/ Mechanics to join our team. We are a growing company and if you come ready to give it your all, your hard work will pay off.
The Diagnostic Automotive Technician / Mechanic is responsible for effectively and efficiently diagnosing and repairing customer vehicles while adhering to the MAP guidelines and in accordance with dealership, manufacturer’s and company repair standards.
COMPENSATION: VARIES DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
- Competitive Bi-Weekly Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement, up to $3,000 annually
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (Effective 1st of the Month after Hire)
- Life Insurance (Company paid)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Discounted Services on Personal and Immediate Family Vehicles
- Opportunity for Advancement!!!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnoses vehicles according to the appropriate level of certifications/experience.
- Performs work as outlined on the Multi-point Inspection and/or Repair Order with efficiency and accuracy.
- Performs complex and heavy-duty repairs.
- Explains technical diagnosis and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include the Store Manager, Service Consultants and/or customers.
- Recommends services that are necessary to keep the customer’s vehicle in running condition; properly documents all recommendations in customer file.
- Follows all safety procedures and reports any concerns to the Shop Foreman or Store Manager.
- Maintains appropriate ASE certifications and renewals of expiring certifications.
The Master Automotive Technician / Mechanic should also adhere to all company policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook and demonstrate behaviors that are consistent with the Store Standards and Expectations.
- Minimum of 5 years of automotive technician / mechanic experience
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to properly use computerized equipment for diagnostics.
- Possess valid Arizona driver’s license, or obtain a valid Arizona driver’s license within 30 days of hire date
- Possess State Inspector License or ability to obtain a State Inspector license within 30 days of hire date
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have current ASE’s
- Ability to work a minimum of five days, including Saturdays
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
The Master Automotive Technician / Mechanic will be exposed to moderate to loud noises, dust, exhaust fumes, lubricants, petroleum products, vapors, caustic materials and other hazardous and non-hazardous materials. The temperature in the work environment varies and could include extreme heat and/or extreme cold depending on the ambient temperatures outside.
The Master Automotive Technician / Mechanic must be able to meet the following physical requirements:
- Stand five hours per day and able to walk to gain access to various areas of the building
- Bend, stoop, kneel and crouch regularly up to 10 hours per day; must have full range of motion with arms and hands and be able to feel, handle or finger objects frequently
- Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds regularly, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Hear and speak
- Vision sufficient to detect color, depth, and re-focus
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sun Auto Tire & Service provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.